Thursday, November 20, 2008

kitchen seating







As I've posted before, I increasingly have my heart set on this counter stool from Ballard Design (but in stained wood color) and they happen to have a sale going on right now... so I brought it up with dear husband. First off he thinks the chairs should be black. I have to completely disagree with that because of the black soapstone countertops. I think the stained wood is definitely the way to go. Secondly he seems partial to these chairs from Sturbridgeyankee. While I think that it's cool that they swivel and the backs do have a french country feel to them I do not think they seem as sturdy and what really peeves me is the way the legs angle together at the top. It makes it look tippy and cafeteria like. I really like the turned legs on my counterstool also because it would coordinate with the vinnata faucet (see the round shapes? subtle, but nice, eh?)
That said i guess i could really go either way.... I just reeeeeeaaaally think I prefer the first ones (from Ballard).... hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment