Saturday, October 4, 2008

Framed master bedroom



It's amazing. I don't know what else to say. Last night we pulled up and you could see the dormer window and the roof joists over the master bedroom. I don't know if M. had full stopped the car, I was already bounding up the plywood ramp into the house and up the stairs to the master bedroom. The roof line is dramatic. It's incredible to see the architectural plans come into reality.... M. and I admitted to each other that neither of us had had a fully clear idea of how the dormered ceiling in that room was going to look, so we both had a bit of an "ah-ha" moment. It's going to be fantastic. The lines of the ceiling will give that room so much character and charm... and the dormered window in front looks so great. Also, it's going to be unbelievable to have a master bathroom.
I didn't want to leave last night-- I just kept walking from room to room calling out how amazing everything was...
Today's Saturday and we anticipate that they'll be working today. They have the roof trusses to put on the family room and some interior framing of closets etc to do, I think.... It's all I can do from heading over there and setting up a lawn chair to watch them at work. I'm joking!! M. and I are headed on some errands including going to look at locksets and door handles. ooo exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment