Monday, February 2, 2009

floored

It's six thirty am. After a bit of a sleepless night, I'm not feeling any better about the paint situation. If he had gotten a delayed-opening or a snow day, dear husband was going to go with me to the house come sunrise, but he's running off to school now. I'm on my own. I really really hope it looks better in day light. In the meantime, I'm moving onto the floors.

Here's the stain we're currently leaning towards, "dark walnut".

Here it is again:

...and here in a white kitchen

At first we were drawn to "english chestnut" but I think it's too red and not dark enough:


More on this later-- the sun is rising and I'm headed out!

2 comments:

  1. lovin' the dark chestnut. My other not-too-dark-not-too-red stain is called Provincial. It's the stain that I used in my MIL's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes provincial is a contender as well... but I think we're hoping for a bit darker. I'll have to go back and look at the photos of your MIL's house though. At very least, it's always good inspiration. (I'm so happy with "paris rain" thanks to you!!)

    ReplyDelete