Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday evening

They framed out our deck yesterday. Those large posts will be for a privacy screen of lattice work. We live on a small block where the houses are close together. This will shelter the deck just a bit. I hope/plan to grow clematis and climbing roses up the lattice work.

Oh WOW. Our washer/dryer. I'm excited that we went with the black which was dear husband's idea completely. We had gotten into a small tiff on our way there because I had written the directions down completely wrong and gotten us very lost... so when he said black, I didn't even think about it, I just agreed. Turns out- I love them!


Here's the vanity in the laundry powder room with the sconces on either side. This room is turning out really, really well. I love that it feels so formal. Did I mention all the lights- even in here are on dimmers? I joked to M. that I could do laundry in a ball gown ;)


Our bathroom takes my breath away. They hung the mirror and it's pretty amazing.

They are putting a niche in our masterbath shower for shampoos and things:

...and here's the bench seat in our shower:


Whew. The hall bath looks stunning. They grouted the tile in the bath/shower and put in some of the fixtures:


I never dreamed it would look this amazing.


We have a working refrigerator!!!!

... and here she is: the blue star. I think we should actually give her a name. Dear husband is completely ga-ga over this babe. I'm pretty smitten myself actually.



We move in the day after tomorrow. It's been a whirlwind week-- lots of little details coming through and falling through. I think we're doing a good job of staying above the fray.... even if we're sleeping on the floor (our mattress delivery is one question mark) and showering at our neighbors (though this should be fine)... we're just so happy to be getting home.

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo exciting!! Great photos! I am swooning over your shower tile work in the hall bath... It is gorgeous! And that stove-- oh my! What is the first thing that M will cook?!!

    Wishing you the best of luck on your move Julia! I am so happy for you and M to go Home again.

    xj.

    ReplyDelete